We are taking every precaution to protect our employees and our patients from Covid. We ask for your cooperation in our infection control measures for in-office visits. Please:
1. Unless you are high risk for skin cancer, postpone well visits so that we have time and space to care for patients with serious and/or time-sensitive issues.
2. Cancel your visit if you are ill, or if you might be contagious.
3. Come to our office alone unless it is necessary for you to have a chaperone.
4. Bring only the bare essentials with you to your visit. Avoid wearing makeup, nail polish, jewelry, and accessories.
5. Remain in your vehicle until we call you up to a sanitized exam room.
6. Wear a face mask when you enter our building. Use hand sanitizer when you enter our office.
7. Allow us to take your temperature upon your arrival with a no-contact thermometer.
8. Bring your own cover-up or robe.
9. Limit yourself to essential discussions with Dr. Goldwasser and her staff to minimize your risk by reducing your time in the office.
Risk factors for serious infection include: advanced age, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, immunosuppression, and cardiovascular disease. If you have one or more risk factors, please call us so that we can advise you on your dermatologic care.
Recommended precautions for all:
1. Physical distancing (at least 6 feet)
2. Frequent thorough hand-washing
3. Wearing a face mask in public
4. Maintenance of healthful diet, outdoor exercise/walking, hydration, and sleep habits
5. Avoidance of toxins like tobacco and alcohol
6. Avoid shopping in stores, especially during high-traffic hours
7. Disinfection/cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with detergents or dilute bleach
8. Self-isolation if you or someone in your household becomes ill or travels to a high-risk area
9. Use of virtual medical care when possible--please call to initiate a virtual dermatology visit if necessary